Can you believe Thanksgiving is already here? It feels like I was just passing out candy on Halloween and now turkey day is next week!
If you’re planning on hosting or attending a holiday event and need an idea for a side dish, I have the perfect recipe for you...
I wanted to share a recent recipe that has been a total hit for me. This year I will be assisting my mom with cooking on Thanksgiving. I plan on making these potato bites as an appetizer for our family to munch on before dinner.
If you enjoy baked potatoes as much as I do, you're going to love these beef and cheese potato bites. These bite sized totes are delicious and will have everyone coming back for more.
Potato bites are very quick and simple to make. You just boil small potatoes, scoop out the insides, mix in some other ingredients, re-stuff and bake them in the oven.
Find my recipe below!
Beef and Cheese Baked Potato Bites
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time
20 mins 20 mins 40 mins
20 Red potatoes, small (golf ball size)
1/2 c Corned beef
1/4 c Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tbsp Butter, melted
1/8 tsp Salt (garlic salt optional)
Sour cream or plain greek yogurt (optional)
1. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
2. Add potatoes and boil until they are fork tender.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F
4. Cook potatoes until soft and cut each potato in half.
5. Cut the bottoms of each potato so they can sit upright.
6. Take a small spoon to scoop the insides of each potato half out into a bowl.
7. Add cheese, corned beef, butter to the bowl with the saved potato insides.
8. Salt mixture to taste.
9. Scoop mixture into potato halves and then place them on a baking sheet.
10. Place baking sheet in oven for 10 minutes.
11. Remove from oven and serve with sour cream/greek yogurt and a pinch of green onion.
Looking to for a simple fall dessert to bring to your Thanksgiving Party? Check out my post here.
What’s your favorite Thanksgiving side dish?
If you’ve tried this recipe, let me know how it came out!